Call for Refereed Papers
Papers are sought for oral presentation on all aspects of military communications and information systems, especially those focusing on the Conference themes. All papers will be refereed (on the full paper.) Authors will be advised in writing of acceptance or non acceptance of their paper.
The conference will address:
- Operational Concepts
- Information Management
- Command Support Systems
- Waveforms and Signal Processing
- Network Architectures
- Network Systems and Management
- Routing and Protocols
- RF Technologies and Antennas
- Wireless Technologies
- Satellite Technologies
- Cellular Technologies
- Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare
- Sensors and Sensor Fusion
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Software-defined / Cognitive Technologies (Network, Radios)
- Tactical Data Links
- Modelling and Analysis
- Evolving and Future Technologies
- be no more than six pages in length without prior agreement of the organisers;
- conform to the requirements of the conference template (MILCIS_Shell.doc);
- only contain material that is unclassified and not commercially sensitive; and
- be submitted in pdf format via the automatic submission system (click here).
Authors may submit papers into the IEEE Stream or the Industry Stream of the conference. Both streams are refereed—the IEEE Stream is suited to technical papers satisfying the requirements of an IEEE conference; the Industry Stream is more suited to applications-based papers. If in doubt, authors should submit their paper to the IEEE Stream and the Technical Committee will determine its suitability.
The following timetable will apply:
- Submission of refereed papers for review - Tuesday 12 June 2018
- Notification and comments to authors of refereed papers - Tuesday 17 July 2018
- Deadline for author registration - Tuesday 21 August 2018
- Deadline for submission of final paper - Tuesday 21 August 2018
At least one author MUST pay for a full conference registration for their attendance at the conference.
Operation of your presentation will be via a laptop computer and mouse at the speaker lectern. Data projectors with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution (16:9 aspect ratio) will project your images onto the screen. Audiovisual technicians will be available before and during all sessions should you have additional queries or require assistance during your presentation.
The room will be set with a lectern and microphone, a laptop PC (Windows 10, Office 2016), set to one side of the lectern and operated by a mouse. The laptop sound will be connected to the PA system.
We are unable to support Apple Mac computers, except by prior arrangement. Please note that other presentation materials/formats will NOT be available without prior arrangement.
Please bring with you a copy of your presentation materials (PC format only) on memory stick or CD to be provided to the Audiovisual Engineer when you register. It is advisable for all presenters using PowerPoint to bring a backup of all files.
The presentation schedule will be promulgated early October.
To be published in conference proceedings the paper must be presented at the conference by one of the authors. All refereed papers accepted into the IEEE Stream will be published in IEEE Xplore. All refereed papers accepted into the Industry Stream will be published in the Conference Proceedings on the MilCIS web site.All refereed papers accepted into the IEEE Stream will be published in IEEE Xplore. All refereed papers accepted into the Industry Stream will be published in the Conference Proceedings on the MilCIS web site.
Information for Australian University Authors
Full papers will be refereed in line with the DEST requirements for an E1 conference paper.