Call for Refereed Papers
Papers are sought for oral presentation on all aspects of military communications and information systems, especially those focusing on the Conference themes. All papers will be refereed (on the full paper.) Authors will be advised in writing of acceptance or non acceptance of their paper.
The conference will address:
- Operational Concepts
- Information Management
- Command Support Systems
- Waveforms and Signal Processing
- Network Architectures
- Network Systems and Management
- Routing and Protocols
- RF Technologies and Antennas
- Wireless Technologies
- Satellite Technologies
- Cellular Technologies
- Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare
- Sensors and Sensor Fusion
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Software-defined / Cognitive Technologies (Network, Radios)
- Tactical Data Links
- Modelling and Analysis
- Evolving and Future Technologies
- be no more than six pages in length without prior agreement of the organisers;
- conform to the requirements of the conference template (MILCIS_Shell.doc);
- only contain material that is unclassified and not commercially sensitive; and
- be submitted in pdf format via the automatic submission system (click here).
Authors may submit papers into the IEEE Stream or the Industry Stream of the conference. Both streams are refereed—the IEEE Stream is suited to technical papers satisfying the requirements of an IEEE conference; the Industry Stream is more suited to applications-based papers. If in doubt, authors should submit their paper to the IEEE Stream and the Technical Committee will determine its suitability.
The following timetable will apply:
- Submission of refereed papers for review - Tuesday 13 June 2017
- Notification and comments to authors of refereed papers - Tuesday 18 July 2017
- Deadline for author registration - Tuesday 22 August 2017
- Deadline for submission of final paper - Tuesday 22 August 2017
All presenting authors MUST register and pay for their attendance at the conference.
Operation of your presentation will be via a laptop computer and mouse at the speaker lectern. The laptops will be configured with PowerPoint 2003 and Windows XP Pro operating system. Data projectors with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution will project your images onto the screen. Audiovisual technicians will be available at all presentations and during the refreshment breaks, should you have additional queries or need to cut to a video presentation.
The room will be set with a lectern and microphone with a laptop PC (Windows XP, Office XP, screen res max 1024 x 768.), set to one side of the lectern and operated by a mouse. Sorry, we are unable to support Apple Mac computers, except by prior arrangement. Please note that other presentation materials/formats will NOT be available without prior arrangement.
Please bring with you a copy of your presentation materials (PC format only) on memory stick or CD to be provided to the Audiovisual Engineer when you register. It is advisable for all presenters using PowerPoint to bring a backup of all files.
The presentation schedule will be promulgated early October.
All refereed papers accepted into the IEEE Stream will be published in IEEE Xplore. All refereed papers accepted into the Industry Stream will be published in the Conference Proceedings on the MilCIS web site.
Information for Australian University Authors
Full papers will be refereed in line with the DEST requirements for an E1 conference paper.